Responding to the Unexpected – COVID-19 and Beyond
COVID-19 has become the biggest catalyst for digital transformation, accelerating new IT operations investments. Organizations have had to quickly adapt to the unexpected impacts of the entire business being digital first – delivering superior employee experience, customer experience, and digital resiliency. As a result, many organizations are accelerating their investments to refresh their toolsets, address visibility gaps with new technologies, and drive IT process automations.
Automating the IT Ecosystem
Built on a foundation of an authoritative data lake, workflow automation can accelerate an organizations ability to drive faster MTTR and business agility. Workflow automation therefore must support:
- Data federation across the ecosystem of management tools.
- An Automation Library with out-of-the-box best practice actions and workflows to get you started quickly.
- A low-code solution to author automated workflows with ease.
Succeeding with AIOps
The premise of AIOps is to create real-time insights from your IT data and operations and translate those insights into a better customer experience through faster RCA and MTTR, which is accelerated through the adoption of machine learning analytics.
Succeeding with AIOps is tied to 3 principles:
- Recognize AIOps is a journey and not a destination. Identify the organizational system and process requirements, build a strategic plan, and align near to mid-term investments.
- Adopt a maturity model framework to the different phases of this journey and self-identify your current state versus future state.
- Identify your primary use cases that anchor your initiative and establish quantifiable outcomes.
Hybrid Cloud Monitoring underpins digital transformation. Are your needs met?
With “Digital First” as the primary emphasis for your business, IT operations must fulfill a set of capabilities to execute against that mandate. Those capabilities include:
- Automatically discover and construct an authoritative data lake and synchronize that data with your CMDB for real-time accuracy.
- Support all the latest cloud-native technologies – Kubernetes, Serverless, SDDC, public and private cloud services, etc.
- Support modern edge computing – wireless access points, controllers, SDN, etc.
- Scale ecosystem integrations with pre-built PowerPacks while leveraging SDK Framework for rapid custom development.
- Flexible Deployment Models: SaaS and On-prem
Navigating the Shift from Device-centric to Service-centric Management
The adoption of a “Digital First” strategy requires a shift from a device-centric to service-centric view. It also requires a shift from individual performance to the customer experience. Digital Service models therefore must expose the real-time health, availability, and risk to customers and the business, as visualized through dashboards and guided workflows. Only then can machine-driven analytics be applied to accelerate root cause analysis and recommend triage/remediations.