Get Ahead of the Game:
ScienceLogic Symposium Early Bird Registration Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The ScienceLogic Symposium Early Bird Registration Sweepstakes (this “Sweepstakes”) is open to all Eligible Entrants to the ScienceLogic Symposium scheduled for April 19-22, 2020 in Washington, D.C. (the “Symposium”).
Employees of Sponsor and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members are not eligible to win. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable international, federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. This English language version of these Official Rules controls. For a copy of these Official Rules, print them from www.symposium.sciencelogic.com.
3. How to Enter: All Registrants shall each automatically receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person. You may also enter without registering by emailing email@example.com during the Promotion Period and requesting an entry in this Sweepstakes. Such an email request must be received by Sponsor during the Promotion Period. Sponsor may, but is not required to acknowledge such emails. Please use “Request for Sweepstakes Entry” in the email subject line.
Limits: Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized authorized account holder, as the case may be. Proof of emailing to request entry will not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection & Notification; Odds: Following the conclusion of the Promotion Period, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winner will be notified by email, mail or phone, in Sponsor’s discretion and must respond within two (2) business days of initial notification. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by email for purposes of this Sweepstakes. Potential winner may be required to sign and return winner documents to claim prize, as needed in their jurisdiction, including, without limitation, for a U.S. winner, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability / Publicity Release and an IRS Form W-9 (Request for Tax Payer Identification) (“Winner Documents”). Winner documents, if applicable, will need to be returned completed within 7-14 days (7 days for US winner, 14 days for international winner) of receipt in order to claim prize. Potential winner may also be required to provide a copy of their driver’s license or other verification of identity, age and residence with the Winner Documents, and such other information as requested by Sponsor for eligibility verification. If: (a) any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (b) potential winner does not respond to initial notification by email or phone within 48-72 hours (48 hours for US winner, 72 hours for international winner) of Sponsor’s notification attempt, (c) potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules, or (d) Winner Documents are returned as undeliverable or not received by their due date, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Odds of winning any prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules.
5. Prize: Sponsor will award one (1) Xbox One X 1TB Console - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Bundle. Bundle, as described by its manufacturer, includes: console, wireless controller, full-game download of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition, and such other incidentals as the manufacturer may include in the bundle. Approximate retail value (ARV) of prize is up to $599, including shipping to winner. Sponsor will notify winner of actual ARV when prize is awarded if required for tax reporting purposes in winner’s jurisdiction. Winner is solely responsible for all international, federal, state and local taxes and any other costs or expenses in connection with claiming or using prize in the winner’s jurisdiction, which are not specified as part of the prize description in these Official Rules. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor makes no representation to winner as to the merchantability or fitness or suitability of prize for any purpose, and Sponsor offers no manufacturer’s warranty on prize (or component of prize). No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. Prize is non-transferable (meaning, winner is not permitted to request that Sponsor award the prize to another person). Sponsor claims no rights to the Xbox name or Star Wars; all trademark and other rights to such properties are owned by their owners, who have no affiliation with Sponsor. These terms are merely used for limited purposes of prize description in this Sweepstakes.
6. Limits on Liability: In consideration of receiving any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any (A) liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever with respect to or in any way arising from the Sweepstakes and/or use of prizes, including, without limitation, property damage, liability for personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death caused, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or any promotion or prize-related activities, and (B) for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, incomplete or stolen mail, entries or prize notifications; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that, in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in this Sweepstakes and, in no event, shall the Release Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible.
7. Publicity Release: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state in perpetuity for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration to winner and without winner’s approval of any advertising or marketing materials.
8. General Conditions: In no event shall Sponsor be required to award more than the single prize stated in these Official Rules. Unclaimed prize may not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance to award the prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website associated with this Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state and federal courts in the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
11. Winner List: Sponsor may post winner on its websites and social media pages. To request winner name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope on or before March 31, 2019, to Sponsor at the address shown below. Please indicate Attn: Symposium Sweepstakes on the envelope.
12. Sponsor: ScienceLogic, Inc., 10700 Parkridge Blvd., Ste. 150 Reston, Virginia 20191.